Industrial Placement Specification
Position: Front-end designer/developer
Location: Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3QL
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
A small and enthusiastic creative digital agency located in Old Street, East London, UVd combine experience in interactive design and digital technologies. We endeavour to provide creative technical innovation within digital communication.
We specialise in responsive website design, web application development and cross-
platform mobile apps developed with web technologies.
We are looking for a candidate with an enthusiasm for front-end design and / or front-
end development willing to take on challenges, exhibiting technical proficiency in front-end development and an eye for design whilst taking into consideration the overall goals of the project and the client’s requirements.
Experience or knowledge in some of the following areas is preferable:
- HTML / CSS and a good understanding of web standards
- Website design
- Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks)
Experience or knowledge in some of the following areas is desirable:
- IA and UX design (wireframing)
- CSS Preprocessors (SASS, LESS, Stylus)
- Responsive design methodology and techniques
- Version control systems (SVN/Git)
- PHP and Mysql
The candidate must be willing to develop new skills and have a diligent attitude to work.
After a training / induction period a successful candidate would be expected to be part of
a team on various projects. This would necessitate good communication with the project
manager and the ability to judge development timescales for your own workload. When
available there would be research and development time allocated.
- Travel costs and food allowance
- If the placement is successful there is usually an opportunity to continue working
- through the summer on a paid for basis
- Previous candidates have continued throughout the summer period, have worked
- on a freelance basis throughout their final year and 2 previous candidates have
- taken full-time employment after graduation