We‘re on the lookout for a talented web developer with a passion for web development and technology with a superb knowledge of open source and experience developing robust, optimised and elegant solutions for the web. Above all you will have a thirst for web technology and a desire and enthusiasm to bring new and interesting ideas to the agency at our Old Street office.
You’ll be working with designers and developers in our Agile team to create bespoke websites and web applications, underpinned by behaviour driven development (BDD) principles. Additionally, you‘ll be involved in key decisions that make a difference to usability as well as contributing to the overall technical steering of the company, helping to keep us one step ahead of the game.
- Leading technical aspects of a project within a multi-skilled Agile team to deliver high quality, usable software
- Helping to steer the technical strategy for individual projects and understanding how innovation can help the business grow
- Requirements gathering, scoping and estimations of work within an Agile framework
- Communicating your technical vision to non-technical members of the team as well as to clients
If you think you fit the bill, want to have fun, inspire others and be part of an exciting Agile team, step forward and shout from the rooftops (or send us your CV).
The ideal candidate has experience in most of the following skills:
- A strong foundation in PHP development including OOP, HTTP principles and php optimisation
- Symfony 2 framework or Packagist & Composer
- Practical experience developing and deploying modern web applications consisting of MySQL, Apache/Nginx and Varnish
- Familiarity with Linux shell
Brownie points are awarded for any of the following skills:
- Behaviour driven development (phpspec2, Behat)
- Experience deploying server solutions to cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Good knowledge of Git and best practices
- Practical knowledge of MongoDB and Elastic Search
We’re a dynamic London based digital agency with a group of talented technologists building multi-device websites and innovative web applications from our office in Old Street. We’re small but that’s because we always bring our A team to the game and we’re on the lookout for likeminded, passionate and talented individuals capable of delivering elegant solutions whilst having fun at the same time.
Salary and benefits:
- 35-40K Salary dependant on qualifications and experience
- 24 days annual leave
- Personal development plan
- At 5pm we stop working on client work and play with ‘things’ that excite and interest us for an hour
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free loans on season tickets for tube travel
- Friday beer tokens: your desk will not go empty
- Speed boats, go-karting, cinema trips, restaurants and office parties!
To apply please send a covering letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be asked to attend an interview at our offices in Shoreditch, London from early February onwards.
The closing date for submission is Thursday 28th February although we will close the position if we find the right person.