With the Limpid Markets platform needing a new technical direction, it is was time to do some intense learning by revisiting one of our own digital products, MEMZ, during a full-throttle hack week involving Elm, Elixir and Phoenix.
New year, new frontend build. Dave explains why we moved away from JSPM, and how we used Rollup to simplify our new build.
Our placement student from QMUL has been busy creating a Slackbot for the team to manage their holidays. This post explains how he did it.
Our monthly round up of what we’re up to in our own time. Ryan has been reading about, and immersing himself in virtual reality… Rachael has been watching telly… and there’s a quick-fire round of facts.
After one of our user data scripts caused one of our schedulers running on a cron to break, we decided to set up an alarm to tell us when it was happening and also set up a fix to heal itself. This post outlines the steps we took.
This November saw some of the UVD troop head down to sunny Brighton for Full Frontal Conf. We thought we’d pick one of our favourite talks and share a bit about what we learned.
We’ve got some exciting side projects in the pipeline, Dave has written an Angular template type checker and VJ hurts our brains when he introduces us to the concept of zero-knowledge proof.
We’ve recently moved to flexitime at UVD, so we’ve been waiting for a good time to try remote pair programming. We thought we’d share how we do it.